The keto diet in popular today, but it was actually first developed in the 1920’s. It’s been proven very effective in the treatment of some medical conditions and is currently used as a weight loss tool by millions of people in the US. Today, you can find keto products at most grocery stores, and even fast food chains like Wendy’s have a few at their locations.
Keto is the latest diet craze sweeping the nation and will soon be a big player in fast food chains. The low carb diet has been proven to help with weight loss and overall health. However, this healthy diet may be taken too far.
Today, fast food chains have had a major impact on the world. We’ve all heard the horror stories about McDonald’s and Burger King, at least a few times. But Wendy’s has had a far larger impact than even these two juggernauts. Why? Because Wendy’s invented the Keto diet.
If you enjoy Wendy’s food, our keto Wendy’s menu guide is a great place to start.
Wendy’s Low Carb Edition Ordering Guide
This is a ketogenic diet. Everything from tips and methods to calories and macros is explained down in Wendy’s guide. They have a wide range of menu options, but they also feature carb options that you should avoid if you’re on a keto diet.
This guide was created to assist consumers in finding keto fast food options. To place an order at Wendy’s, begin by:
- Using Wendy’s Mobile App– Thankfully, Wendy’s has developed a mobile app that will perform macro calculations for you on the moment. If you eat a lot of Wendy’s, it’s probably a good idea to download this app and track your net carbs for each meal.
- Order your meal as “Low Carb” – They will most likely have no idea what this means, so be careful to clarify everything you want. If you’re ordering a burger and don’t want a bun, say that you don’t want one.
- Request No Bun– As previously said, begin your purchase by requesting no bun. The majority of goods have a primary carb that adds to the total carb count. You can order a lettuce wrap with your burger. Alternatively, simply request that the patties be placed in a salad container.
- Skip the ketchup–most ketchups in the original type contain high fructose corn syrup or sugar. It’s possible that each little package has 3-5g of sugar and carbohydrates. You can use mustard instead of regular ketchup or bring your own sugar-free ketchup.
- Get all sauces on the side– This not only helps with calorie control, but it also helps with overall carb control. Extra sugar and hidden carbs can be found in some burger sauces and salsas. So that you still have a dressing, ask for sauces on the side. Just keep an eye on the net carbs per sauce and the amount you’re using.
- Skip the French Fries– We know it’s tough, but most side dishes, such as fries, hash browns, onion rings, and so on, are breaded and high in carbs. Instead of overindulging in carbs, choose a side salad with a keto-friendly dressing like ranch.
Let’s get started talking about the finest keto Wendy’s options now that you’re ready to order. Let’s talk breakfast over a cup of coffee!
Wendy’s Has the Best Keto Breakfast Options
Fast food breakfasts can be hit or miss, but happily, we were able to find a number of low-carb breakfast options at Wendy’s. Always begin by requesting your breakfast without the bread, biscuit, or croissant. The following are some excellent breakfast options:
Keto Food List (FREE PRINTABLE)
Join 150,000 others who have already gotten a FREE keto food list and new recipes every week!
- Bacon Egg & Cheese- Ah the classic bacon egg and American cheese breakfast sandwich. This is one of the best keto options at almost all fast food restaurants.There are190 calories, 2 grams of carbs, 0 grams of fiber, 2 net carbs, 6 grams of fat, and 12 grams of protein.
- Sausage Egg & Cheese- Another one of the typical keto options at a fast food stop. It’s high in protein and low in carbs when you ask for no bun. Wendy’s sausage egg and American cheese sandwich has 370 calories, 3 grams of carbs, 0 grams of fiber, 3 net carbs, 33 grams of fat, and 17 grams of protein.
- The Breakfast Baconator- This Wendy’s-only high-protein breakfast sandwich is ideal if you’re attempting to eat keto on the run. There are 560 calories in this recipe, as well as 6 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of fiber, 6 net carbs, 47 grams of fat, and 29 grams of protein.
- 240 calories, 2 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of fiber, 2 net carbs, 22 grams of fat, and 9 grams of protein in a sausage patty on the side.
- A side of bacon contains 60 calories, 1 carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 1 net carbohydrate, 4 g fat, and 4 g protein.
There’s one more light option that’s not completely low carb or keto, but it’s keto-friendly. That’ll be the strawberries they’ll be eating. 20 calories, 5 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fiber, 4 net carbs, 0 grams of fat, and no protein in a side of their strawberries
We wouldn’t recommend purchasing any of these lettuce wraps because heated eggs and lettuce don’t mix well… However, you can request it in a clamshell with a fork and knife for easier eating!
Keto at Wendy’s Lunch & Dinner Menu Edition
Now that we’ve passed breakfast, it’s time to talk about the major courses. On a keto diet, you can eat Wendy’s, but you need to make sure you’re removing excess carbs and replacing them with extra protein and fat.
Burgers that are keto-friendly
It’s only natural to begin with burger alternatives from one of the most popular fast food burger establishments. Because Wendy’s has so many burger alternatives, let’s start with how to order their burgers.
- Instead of a bread, ask for a lettuce wrap or a plastic clamshell to hold your burger patties.
- Sauces should be served on the side. Controlling your intake of low-quality added oils is critical for inflammation and overall wellness. If you’re feeling extra sophisticated, you can even skip their cheap sauces and bring your own.
- Finally, don’t bother with the sides. That includes the fries and crispy potato wedges, too. Even a few of them are high in carbohydrates and calories.
Burgers are a delicacy.
Let’s talk about burgers now that we’ve ordered our lettuce wrap and are ready to stuff it. Here are a few keto-friendly burgers:
- The Baconator- The baconator without the bun is a traditional keto dish that is ideal for any Wendy’s fan. The lettuce wrap burger has a high protein, high fat content, and only 6 net carbohydrates per serving. There are 740 calories, 6 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of fiber, 57 grams of fat, and 52 grams of protein in this dish.
- Son of Baconator- As the name implies, this is a smaller, but no less delectable, version of the original baconator. It’s created with two junior patties instead of two regular patties, which is ideal for anyone searching for a low-calorie keto friendly dinner. There are no buns in a baconator. There are 450 calories, 3 grams of carbohydrate, 0 grams of fiber, 3 net carbohydrates, 37 grams of fat, and 29 grams of protein in this serving.
- 260 calories, 2 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of fiber, 2 net carbs, 19 grams of fat, and 20 grams of protein in a regular double stack without the bun.
- Dave’s Single- When eating keto fast food, it’s sometimes nice to have a lighter choice. The only ingredients in this single-patty burger are lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles. There are 380 calories in each burger, as well as 6 grams of carbohydrates, one gram of fiber, 5 net carbs, 32 grams of fat, and 25 grams of protein. It’s not quite a Wendy’s baconator, but it’s a good alternative.
- Dave’s Double- A 640-calorie burger with 7 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fiber, 6 net carbs, 49 grams of fat, and 44 grams of protein.
- Dave’s Triple-Just when you think there’s no way there could be any more, there is. For 920 calories, 8 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fiber, 7 net carbs, 70 grams of fat, and 66 grams of protein, get a Daves triple. Fast food is ludicrous, but at the very least it keeps us satiated!
Try one of these for the kids or the young at heart:
- Alternatively, a Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe- 210 calories, 3 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fiber, 2 net carbs, 17 grams of fat, and 12 grams of protein are all you need if you remove the bacon.
- It contains 260 calories, 3 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of fiber, 3 net carbs, 21 grams of fat, and 15 grams of protein in a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger.
While your Wendy’s baconator may require a fork and knife to finish, these are all excellent low-carb fast food burger options. If you want your burgers to be even lower in carbs, request that they be made without onions and tomatoes.
Sandwiches made with chicken
These are the “burgers” for you if you prefer chicken or want a sandwich with a few fewer calories. Wendy’s chicken keto selections may outnumber those of any other fast food establishment. Just make sure that whichever sandwich you order has grilled chicken instead of a bun.
Because there is no breading on grilled chicken, it is completely keto friendly. If you want the toppings of a burger but with chicken instead of the patty, simply order your favorite burger with chicken instead of the patty. The following are some of the greatest keto grilled chicken sandwich options:
- The Initial Grilled Chicken Sandwich- This is their original grilled chicken sandwich, thus it’s a classic! To save on carbs, request it without the honey mustard. Wendy’s keto style sandwiches include 140 calories, 1 gram of carbs, 1 gram of fiber, 0 net carbs, 2 grams of fat, and 29 grams of protein per sandwich.
- Wendy’s Grilled Asiago Ranch Club- By removing the bun, the Wendy’s grilled asiago ranch club can be made keto. Bacon, ranch, asiago cheese, and lettuce are all included. There are 330 calories in each sandwich, along with 3 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fiber, 2 net carbs, 19 grams of fat, and 38 grams of protein.
- If you enjoy heat, the Wendy’s keto option for you is the Grilled Bacon Jalapeo Chicken Sandwich. It’s juicy, peppery, and bacon-filled. Just make sure you don’t get the onion tanglers, which are fried and breaded. Wendy’s keto grilled bacon jalapeo chicken sandwich contains 320 calories, 3 grams of carbs, 0 grams of fiber, 3 net carbs, and 40 grams of protein in each sandwich.
Each of these chicken sandwiches has a low net carb count, making sticking to a keto diet at Wendy’s a breeze. If your Wendy’s still has the grilled avocado blt chicken sandwich, that’s another amazing Wendy’s keto alternative. We just haven’t seen it in a while.
On Wendy’s hidden keto menu, chicken sandwiches are the greatest way to get your protein. Just be sure to stick to keto-friendly selections if you don’t want to consume a bun!
Wendy’s Offers Keto-Friendly Salads
Salad may be a decent alternative for you if you want to keep keto at Wendy’s but don’t want to eat burgers. To keep you full, each of these salads is strong in fat and fiber.
Here are a few of our favorite Wendy’s keto salads:
- The Parmesan Caesar Chicken Salad (Grilled Chicken)- This salad is packed with protein thanks to the parmesan and chicken. In addition, the caesar dressing will aid to increase the fat content of this dish. 440 calories, 7 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 4 net carbs, and 42 grams of protein per salad WITH dressing. 28 grams of fat | 8 grams of carbohydrates | 5 grams of fiber | 2 grams of sugar | 49 grams of protein | 3 grams of net carbohydrates
- Southwest Avocado Chicken Salad (Grilled Chicken)- Our favorite salad is the southwest avocado chicken salad, which has a ton of ingredients. Chicken, bacon, grated cheese, avocado, and tomato are layered on top. 420 calories, 12 grams of carbs, 6 grams of fiber, 6 net carbs, 25 grams of fat, and 39 grams of protein per salad WITHOUT dressing
We’ve heard that some people get the jalapeo popper salad as well, but we don’t think it’s worth the money. Request no crunchy jalapeos, no croutons, and grilled chicken instead of fried chicken.
Basically, if you’re looking for a keto salad at Wendy’s, stick to one of these two selections!
Dressings for Salad
We don’t use salad dressing packets from fast food places since we don’t like them. Vegetable oils will increase inflammation, whereas our keto diet reduces inflammation. They’re heavy in omega-6 fatty acids, which raise inflammation.
We’ve got you covered if you find you like dressings too much after you’ve already had to give up that oh-so-delicious taco salad. Wendy’s offers a variety of low-carb salad dressings, including:
- The Classic Ranch Dressing contains 100 calories, 2 grams of carbohydrates, no fiber, 2 net carbs, 10 grams of fat, and 1 gram of protein per packet.
- Caesar Salad Dressing comprises 80 calories, 1 gram carbs, 1 net carb, 8 grams of fat, and less than a gram of protein, and is included in the caesar salad.
- Southwest Ranch Dressing contains 80 calories, 2 carbohydrates, 1 net carb, 8 grams of fat, and 1 gram of protein per package.
We elected not to add the vinaigrettes because they are not keto and include a significant amount of sugar. Make sure that whatever dressing you select is within your macros.
Sides & Soft Drinks
Unfortunately, Wendy’s does not provide any keto-friendly sides. Yes, even the delectable chili is included. Simply put, there are too many beans! They do, however, provide diet coke and zero sugar lemonade, both of which are excellent low-sugar keto drinks.
For those who are interested, they also sell unsweetened ice tea and coffee. Each beverage had 5-10 calories and 0-2 grams of carbohydrates.
More Keto Diet Meal Plans
Here are some of our favorite fast food restaurant guidelines if you’re seeking for more keto and low carb options on the go.
- When you’re craving American Mexican food, go to Taco Bell.
- Chick-fil-A — Delicious chicken sandwiches and the friendliest employees you’ll ever meet!
- McDonald’s – Need I say more? It’s an American institution.
- Starbucks is the most well-known coffee establishment in the United States.
- One of the healthiest takeout options is Chipotle.
- Buffalo Wild Wings is the best chicken wing joint in the world!
If there are any more tutorials you’d like to see us make, please let us know in the comments section below.
If you haven’t heard of the ketogenic diet yet, you might be familiar with the name, as it’s a fad diet that’s been making a lot of headlines lately. The premise is simple. You eat very few carbs, ensuring your body is in ketosis. In this state, your body burns fat instead of carbs for energy, helping you lose weight.. Read more about wendy’s near me and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Wendys have for keto?
Wendys has a wide variety of keto-friendly options. You can check out their website for more information on what they have available.
Is Wendys parmesan Caesar salad keto?
The answer is no.
Does Wendys do low carb burgers?
I am not sure about the low carb burgers at Wendys.