The keto diet is the latest fad diet that promises to help you lose weight and keep it off, all while eating delicious food. While the promise of no-carb, no-sugar recipes sounds appealing, the truth is that there are many problems with the diet. If you are interested in losing weight, do not follow the keto diet, as it is a fad diet that is not healthy.
Taco Seasoning is a consumable seasoning that can add flavor to your foods and are not considered a necessity in order to enjoy your meals. However, it’s important to pick a good taco seasoning because some of them fail to deliver the taste you are looking for. This keto taco seasoning is one of the most popular products we offer and has become a customer favorite.
today I’m going to share with you a recipe for the best keto-friendly taco seasoning that I’ve found so far. In fact, it is the one I used to make the tacos that we are having for dinner today. I’ll publish the recipe tomorrow.
Tacos are a fantastic snack that can be found almost anywhere! They’re quick, simple, and delicious, but only if you have the appropriate pre-made keto taco seasoning on hand!
Is it possible to eat tacos on a Keto diet?
There’s nothing wrong with tacos per se; it’s the shell in which your ground beef is served. Ground beef has excellent keto macros, but taco shells can include as much as 22 grams of wheat and 20 grams of corn.
So, if you want to enjoy your tacos, you’ll need a keto-friendly shell and a healthy taco seasoning that’s devoid of sugar and fillers.
Is Taco Seasoning a Keto Ingredient?
Traditional taco spices, as previously stated, are NOT keto. This is because normal firms will bulk up the flavoring and reduce expenses by using components like cornstarch, flour, sugar, and maltodextrin.
Fillers often include a lot of additional carbohydrates, which can significantly increase the net carb total. Fortunately, our keto taco seasoning is low carb, gluten-free, and flavorful.
Keto Food List (FREE PRINTABLE)
Join 150,000 others who have already gotten a FREE keto food list and new recipes every week!
Do Spices Contain Carbs?
Yes, spices do include carbohydrates, however the amount varies depending on the seasoning. Chili powder and oregano are almost carb-free, but garlic and onion powder will raise the carb count.
Still, you can adjust the amount of taco seasoning mix in your keto friendly taco Tuesday depending on your goals. To reduce carbs, simply use half or less of the recommended amount. Although some flavor will be lost, there will still be enough to pack a punch.
What Characterizes a Great Seasoning for Keto Tacos?
To truly be a showstopper, homemade taco seasoning requires a blend of bold and tasty ingredients. Your homemade low carb taco seasoning won’t be as flavorful if you don’t use fresh spices.
Around 3 months after opening, ground spices like chili powder and cumin will begin to lose their flavor. Instead of buying spices in bulk, try buying little amounts from your local bulk section.
Spices in the bulk department are typically changed more regularly, resulting in a more fresh flavor.
Seasonings with no gluten and no fillers
There are too many pre-made taco seasoning blends that are full of cheap gums, flours, and fillers. By preparing your own taco seasoning, you can assure that there are no unnecessary ingredients in your spice.
To make a fantastic keto taco seasoning, you’ll need all thriller and no filler, so have those spices ready!
A recipe that takes less than 5 minutes
This keto-friendly taco seasoning is so simple to make that there’s no reason to purchase a store-bought version. It takes around 2 minutes to measure out all of the ingredients and another minute to whisk or shake the spices together.
Plus, by mixing this keto taco seasoning mix into your ground beef, you’ll be able to make a quick taco meal in under 20 minutes.
Continue reading to see our favorite keto taco shells and toppings so you can make your own taco night with all the fixings.
What Can Taco Seasoning Be Used For?
Taco seasoning is well-known for its use in tacos, but what else can it be used for? Fortunately, there are a few more delectable uses for keto taco spice mix. Additional applications include:
- Keto Chili Starter– When you’re seeking some gluten-free chili on a cold winter night, use our taco seasoning mix as the perfect soup flavor base. You won’t miss out on the true chili flavor because many of the spices are the same in both dishes.
- Keto Chicken Quesadillas– Chicken quesadillas usually need a little something more, and we recommend using homemade keto taco seasoning on your grilled chicken as that something. It gives your quesadilla more taste and smokiness.
- Keto Fajitas– The low-carb taco seasoning works well on fajitas as well. To give a little extra punch to your recipe, put it on chicken and steak variations.
There are a plethora of great Mexican recipes to which taco seasoning can be added, but these are a few of our faves.
Seasoning for Keto Tacos: How to Make It
If you’re wanting tacos, it’s time to whip yourself some homemade keto taco seasoning. Get a jar ready, and let’s get mixing!
You’ll need chili powder and ground paprika as the base spices for this low carb taco seasoning recipe. You can use smoked or regular paprika, and the same goes for Mexican or standard chili powder. Then you’ll need cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and onion flakes, minced. Onion flakes rehydrate the spice mix and add a little more flavor than onion powder. Finally, a pinch of salt and black pepper are required.
This dish is best served in a mason jar, but it can also be made in a bowl and then transferred to a Tupperware container.
Making Seasoning for Keto Tacos
A mason jar and 2 minutes are all you need to prepare keto taco seasoning. You’ll have a fantastic taco seasoning recipe in no time, perfect for flavoring all of your Mexican-style recipes.
To begin, combine all of your spices in a mason jar.
To thoroughly mix the spices, whisk or shake the mason jar (with the cover on, of course!)
Remove the lid from your keto taco seasoning and set it aside.
How to Keep This Taco Seasoning Recipe
To avoid clumping, keep our low carb taco seasoning in an airtight container in a dry place. If it clumps, gently whisk the clumps apart with a whisk. It will last for three months before the spices begin to lose their flavor.
The Best Way to Season Ground Beef for Tacos
2 teaspoons taco seasoning per pound of meat is recommended on most single serve taco seasoning packages and bigger spice bottles. It has a lot of flavor without being overpowering, and we agree that it’s almost always the right quantity.
To actually incorporate it into your meat, brown a pound of ground beef in a tablespoon of oil. Then toss in the low carb keto taco seasoning you produced at home to the browned meat.
Once everything is well combined, you’ll have the finest low carb keto taco meat you’ve ever had without adding a ton of unnecessary net carbs.
Creating the Ideal Taco
Like most foods, the ideal taco is subjective. Everyone has their own preferences for taco meat and finished tacos, but that doesn’t mean we can’t share our favorites!
To begin, we always use this recipe; store-bought taco seasoning packages simply cannot compare to freshly blended spices such as smoky paprika and garlic powder. Then we thoroughly season our meat with the spice blend.
When it comes to filling tortillas with taco meat, make sure all of the shells you choose are low in net carbohydrates and keto-friendly.
Tortillas for Keto Tacos that Work
Fortunately, we have some fantastic taco shell options for making keto tacos that are both delicious and healthful.
Our favorite shell is the homemade keto tortillas from our site, which we are pretty partial of. Make a lot of tacos since you won’t be able to stop eating them once you start!
We have a few more options for you if you don’t want to create homemade tortillas and would rather have a low-carb store-bought version. Our favorite tortillas from the supermarket are:
- The Keto Tortilla Company — They deliver homemade-style tortillas to your house. They’re sugar-free and gluten-free, so you can have a carb-free lifestyle!
- Mission Tortillas– While the ingredients aren’t the best, they do produce high-fiber, low-net-carb shells. They’re fantastic with ground beef and taco seasoning, such as the one we use in this recipe.
- Coconut Wraps– These don’t taste like tortillas, but they’ll suffice as a healthy low-carb wrap choice in a pinch. The macros are so fantastic that we had to mention them even though the flavor isn’t great.
Taco Toppings for Keto Tacos
A decent taco features fresh ingredients and a few moving pieces, such as guac and pico de gallo. However, when it comes to topping our tacos, we prefer to be creative and add a variety of vegetables.
The following are some of our favorite taco toppings:
- Bell peppers, diced– Bell peppers give this meal a great crunch and a crisp flavor.
- Guacamole– You can’t have Mexican food without guacamole, and there’s nothing like fresh guacamole!
- Salsa– Another Mexican favorite, salsa goes well with a wide range of Mexican cuisine. Just be sure your salsa doesn’t have any added sugar.
- Pico– Another excellent fresh tomato salsa with herbs and onions is pico.
- Salsa, guacamole, and sour cream are the three taco must-haves. The thick, creamy texture of sour cream is ideal for cutting through a spicy taco sauce.
- Cheese– Shredded cheddar or crumbled cojita cheese are also acceptable options for keto tacos.
These are some of our favorite taco toppings, but don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with other flavors and textures. If you’ve made this recipe before, you can always add more spices to suit your tastes and match the toppings you use!
More Keto Mexican Recipes
- Keto Nachos– Our low-carb taco seasoning also works great on ground beef nachos! After making this keto taco seasoning recipe, enjoy an ooey gooey dish of keto nachos.
- Keto Margaritas– Looking for a light, refreshing cocktail to accompany your keto-friendly taco night? Try our delicious keto margarita, which is created from scratch, low in carbs, and diet friendly.
- Mexican Shredded Chicken– Mexican shredded chicken is a versatile component that can be used in a variety of cuisines. You can make a keto-friendly taco salad, Mexican wrap, or Mexican eggs and lime chicken with it once it’s done.
Look through our Mexican dishes collection for even more delectable keto recipes.
Keto Taco Seasoning
Our keto taco seasoning is a low-carb spice combination that’s excellent for busy weeknight dinners. Simply add 2-3 tablespoons of our spice mix per pound of meat whenever you want to have a keto-friendly taco night.
What are you waiting for? This keto taco seasoning is going to revolutionize the game, so what are you waiting for? Taco Tuesday can now be any day of the week!
Keto Taco Seasoning
This taco seasoning is spicy and tasty, and it’s excellent for all of your favorite Mexican foods.
5 minutes in total
Serving size (calories) 20kcal
- Combine all of the ingredients in a container and whisk until well blended.
- For up to a year, store in an airtight container in a cold, dry location.
Serving Size: This recipe yields roughly 3 pounds of ground beef, or 12 serves at 4 ounces each. 2 net carbs
Keto Taco Seasoning
Per Serving Amount
Calories: 20 Calories from Fat: 9 Calories from Carbohydrates: 20 Calories from
daily value in percent*
1g5 percent saturated fat
414mg17 percent sodium
Potassium (111mg3) is a mineral that is found in a lot of foods.
Carbohydrates account for 31% of total calories.
1g4 percent fiber
1 gram 1% sugar
1g2 percent protein
Vitamin A (1000IU) is 20% of the total amount of vitamin A in the body.
One milligram of vitamin C is one percent of the body’s total vitamin C.
Calcium (33 mg) is a 3% calcium supplement.
2 milligrams of iron (11 percent)
* Percent Daily Values (%DV) are calculated using a 2000-calorie diet.
Keto Taco Seasoning is a term used to describe a seasoning that is used in ketogenic diets
Psst! Did you make this?Tag us on Instagram!We love seeing what you’ve made! Tag us on Instagram at @keto.connect or leave a comment & rating below.
Have you ever been stuck without the right kind of taco seasoning? Before you throw out your bottle of taco seasoning and buy a new one, read the review of our top 5 favorite sugar free taco seasoning blends.. Read more about old el paso taco seasoning keto and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Mccormick taco seasoning have sugar in it?
Yes, McCormick taco seasoning does have sugar in it.
Does taco seasoning contain sugar?
Yes, taco seasoning does contain sugar.
What can I get at Taco Bell Keto friendly?
You can get a taco, burrito, or bowl with any of their delicious sauces and toppings.